It’s never too early to talk about getting some extra help.
MY AGED CARE
How to access services
My Aged Care is the entry point to access aged care services and information about:
- The different types of aged care services available
- Your eligibility for services
- Referrals to service providers that can meet your needs
- Your contribution to the cost of your aged care.
It’s never too early to talk about getting some extra help. Knowing what services are available before you need them will help you be prepared to make decisions about your future.
For more information
Visit www.myagedcare.gov.au or call 1800 200 422*
Weekdays – 8 am to 8 pm
Saturdays – 10 am to 2 pm
Closed on Sundays and public holidays
National Relay Service call 1800 555 677* and ask for 1800 200 422*
Translating and Interpreting Service call 131 450 and ask for 1800 200 422*
If you are a veteran or war widow/er you may also be eligible for Department of Veterans’ Affairs services or programs. Ask My Aged Care for more information.
*1800 calls are free from landlines and most Australian mobile phone providers now offer free calls to 1800 numbers. Check with your mobile phone provider.
My Aged Care is your one-stop-shop for aged care services and information in Australia
From 1 July it provides you with information:
- on the different types of aged care services
- about your eligibility for services and how we can help you find local services
- on assessments and referrals to the providers that can meet your needs
- about the cost of your aged care services, including fee estimators.
When you call the My Aged Care contact centre, you will be asked for your consent to create a personalised client record.
Your record will include up-to-date information on your needs and the results of any assessments or any services that you receive.
Having a client record will reduce the number of times you need to retell your story. Only you, your nominated representative, your assessor and service providers will be able to access relevant information in your record.
If you are already receiving aged care services you do not have to contact My Aged Care unless your circumstances or care needs change.